Monday 23 November 2015

My Mind


My mind drifts often,
Like the wind does in a raging El Nino,
It takes short walks to get energized,
When it returns
It reminds me of the sweet little things in life

It does not allow me to think about
Times of strife and suffering and of when
My soul was not a soul,
But lets me marvel at the now

My mind escapes me occasionally;
It takes trips to exotic places,                     
Where everyone is so relaxed,
They forget they exist,
What a feeling that can be sometimes

My mind fills with imagination,
It questions the questionable,
Thinks and re-thinks
Sets itself apart
                                                    
My mind builds mountains on the desert,
Makes the moon smile sometimes,
And grows cute lilies on the side
Of a solitary road to keep it company

My mind, Yes it is unique
Inventive, and sometimes absent
From reality and the truth

No comments:

Post a Comment