Monday 2 November 2015

MY KINDA GUY



Lazy Monday it is.

Today I feel like talking about relationships haha,I don’t really know what prompted the topic though but hey! What do I have to loose..
Someone come prove me wrong, relationships are fun, but can be bad ass too. 

Down the road i've dated a variety of guys. Those who know me, will know that the number of actual men doesn't even stand to a quarter. I'm not sure why or why not. For some reason, I've just never been attracted to loads and loads of men. Call it picky, call it selective,thats just me.Some of my friends find some of these guys  attractive, and that one and the other one, any time, all the time. I would have to say that sometimes i've envied that,psst hehe. I could seriously go years without finding that one guy whose wholly appealing - physically, spiritually, mentally, personality, manners ..you know,just the whole package.

We’ve all had our fair share when it comes to dating, what i remember though is this one time dating this guy(worst mistake ever),chauvinistic, full of himself,seemed ambitious(well about certain things if you know what I mean).He was a mouthful(always had something to say lol).senseless self-praising, zero humour,zero everything. Someone hang me already? What am I doing heeere!!! Talk about suffocation!..two months was all I remember. My sister  was always on my case whenever she saw us together haha man!He was some work.
Then came this guy from Uganda,don’t get it twisted my Ugandan counterparts, I love you all.This guy was sweet and romantic,very thoughtful..oh and he had the sweetest voice ever(leave bro ocholla’s lol).he'd come to my workplace and make sure he at least sang a song or two to just calm my nerves,you know..what a 'normal' boyfriend should do(guys i hope you're taking notes lol)..but that was just about it.I know what I DON'T LIKE - selfishness, rudeness, men that are inconsiderate,I honestly cant stand ungentlemanly behaviours.How in the world would you enter a Matatu the first and leave me behind?Mind you we are walking together?and how in the world would you not open the door for me when we’d be entering the same room?i mean some men are just a handful.I don’t even remember picking his calls the weeks after.Man what a waste!
Talk about frogs..hihi I’ve kissed them.Yuhk..wouldnt want to go back.Good hygiene,good manners,good character all rolled into one will make you go a loong way!

But lets see,why would i want to settle for less?I know the ladies are going like yeah?Well yes!Why would you?You're a powerhouse,a pillar,you hold the world,you're that confident woman that every other woman envies!You're worth is in your brain(my favorite lady quote this year "oh screw beautiful,i'm brilliant,you want to appease me?compliment my brain"ha! awesome right?)Keep holding it down!

Back to my kinda guy,
Mhmm,i wouldnt say i have a particular type per say but there are certain things that seem to be more prevalent than not in the men I've loved. Tall (well mostly), intelligent, uber confident, great smiles, charming, funny - please,if you cant make me laugh just forget you even met me! and they've been high on the handsome scale:-) Haha well some of you might me going like,this chick is not realistic..It's not that I look for that specifically, it's just that these traits seem to be common to 'our' ideal men,right ladies?haha enough with this killer wants!

I know I'm all over the place with this post lol.I guess I just know that I like what I like when I see it.Can't predict it,can't explain it. My kinda guy is thoughtful and genuine,adventurous and honest,chivalrous and passionate and silly and intellectual,artistic and creative,he's intense but laid-back, he's tough but gentle, he's serious and funny, he can dress up and he can dress down(not down like down down).Pushes me to the limit but reminds me of how much i mean to him,Ambitious and excited about the future and most of all Loves and Fears the Lord(A man that should be emulated)You can say the older i get, the more I know what I like...And who knows, maybe I've found him already :-)




Haha thanks for the read. XO

2 comments:

  1. hahahahaha "not down like down down" my evening...cracked up.
    this push back...you know which... just reading this now...

    Fibz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha evenings are meant to be cracked up at some point fibz.Thanks for reading.

      Delete